Editorial Policy for posts and comments
Disclaimer Posts and comments which appear on this site are the responsibility of the author and do not represent the opinion nor carry the endorsement of the Republican Club of the Palm Beaches unless specifically stated.
- All members are encouraged to create their own posts and comment on existing posts. With the exception of the editors (and a few designated “authors”), all posts (and first time comments) are moderated, and must be approved by one or more of the editors.
- The editors are currently: Fred, Iris, Melissa, and Joy.
- A single editor can post (or approve another’s post) anything concerning:
- Club events
- Candidate events
- Relevant courses
- After the fact reports on any of the above (including meeting minutes)
- News of interest to members, from reputable sources (no conspiracy theory stuff please) – note that we must be careful not to enfringe on copyrights – you need to provide full attribution for news stories, with the original link if available.
- Videos and pictures regarding any of the above
- A consensus of the editors is needed to post or approve the following:
- Opinion pieces on controversial subjects
- Candidate assessments and/or profiles identified as official club position
- Calls for action that reflect on club policy
- News items of questionable authenticity
- The procedure for anyone to post anything is to go ahead and do it – non-editor/author material will go on the moderation queue and be held until an editor approves or rejects it. This will typically be in less than 24 hours. If you need something posted quicker, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of the editors.