September 15 REC Meeting
A big thank you to our members, Bette Anne Starkey, Sue Varey and Claire Jones for providing the following information from last night’s meeting.
1. Ellen Bogdanoff spoke to thank everyone and encourage all Republicans to support those who won in the primaries.
2. The guest speaker was Adam Putnam, Republican candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture. He emphasized the need to support the whole Republican slate which is pro-entrepreneurial, pro-small business and pro-capitalism. He warned that our greatest enemy is complacency.
3. Mark Hoch asked for volunteers to organize groups to walk the precincts. In the near future he will be providing bios and literature on all our candidates, as well as current voter information. He’s also looking for someone with computer skills to organize those who volunteered for poll watching.. contact him at 561-686-1616 if you can help.
It was asked if there is a list of candidates endorsed by the REC. There is not, but it was suggested that one could follow Jack Furnari’s voter’s guide.
4. Guests were introduced.
5. Nineteen new REC members were sworn in, including several from the new Haitian-American Republican Club. Our own VP John Jamason and John and Virginia Brooks were also elected. We are well represented – keep joining Club!
6. The dais gave their reports…Fran Hancock called for unity… Beth Kegel will be the chair of the Scott/Carroll campaign for PB county… the RPOF statesman dinner was held in Orlando this past weekend.. about 800 attended and raised $2million..there were 2 tables from PBC. Margie Helschien was given an award for being the volunteer of the year for District 19.
Chairman Sid Dinerstein’s report:
a) Sid sent a $100 donation to the Tea Party winner in Delaware because he was unhappy with the local response.
b) mentioned Rick Scott’s 7 steps to 700 jobs in 7 years as well as Marco Rubio’s latest video.
c) encouraged us to support Pam Bondi…her opponent has said he’ll not continue the suit vs Obamacare.
d) discussed the Fanjul’s reception for Rick Scott.
e) declared he’ll be running for re-election in December.
After member comments, the meeting was adjourned.